So you're ready to make the jump to home ownership? Congratulations! It's a big step and one of the most rewarding decisions you will ever make. Before you know it you will wonder why you were every paying someone else rent! But where to start? Below are the steps to take to get started, and what you can expect through the process. Each step is explained in further detail in the drop down menu.
1. Get pre-approved for a mortgage! You'd be surprised how many people skip this step, but nothing else matters without this! We have some great lenders that specialize in getting first time Buyers the best possible rates in our Preferred Partners section.
2. Decide your budget. Pick something you are comfortable with, it does not need to be 100% of your mortgage pre-approval!
3. Choose a Realtor and start your home search, and you're already on the right page! Contact us to get started!
4. Tour properties.
5. Write an offer which is accepted by the Seller.
6. Meet the criteria of your Buyers subjects on the offer (home inspections, financing etc), and remove your subjects once you are satisfied, congratulations you now have a firm purchase agreement!